As reviewed in Stereo Times by Reviewer Terry London:
"the Shinjitsu Audio Carbon Daisho speaker. It is an extremely well-built design using excellent internal parts, first-rate transducers and uses a very innovative back loaded horn approach to produce a great base foundation to the music in a very small cabinet. It offers an easy load that can be driven by low watt tube or solid-state amplifiers".
All HDF labyrinth construction with Carbon Fiber cladding and AcoustiMac damping explores the limits of size versus full range status. Speed, tonality and focus pairs with a frequency response from 45Hz to 20Khz. Heil Air Motion Transformer enhanced for extended high frequency response and lower distortion.
- HDF and Carbon Fiber construction with Wasp Patterned side panels. Japanese Folded Horn Design with dual Viborg Audio Red Copper Bi-Amp terminals. Mil Spec Silver over Copper Teflon internal wire.
- Adjustable Mundorf resistor attenuation to adjust high frequency tones. Audiophile crossover design utilizing one Solen coil and two high quality Clarity Capacitors.
- Heil Air Motion Transformer Enhanced with wider sound stage and lowered high frequency distortion.
- Efficient enough for low powered tube amplifiers and rugged enough to produce room filling sound using amplifiers of all power ratings.
- Carbon Fiber and MDF plinth included for proper elevation angle.
- Japan designed back loaded horn design is folded from 5.5 FT in length to fit into a compact enclosure only 27 Inches tall.
- Produces superb imaging and accurate warm tonality. Room filling sound from a compact enclosure.
THE BACK LOADED HORN SPEAKER
The most elegant way to enhance bass response is the backloaded horn speaker.
- Designed to collect the back wave (which in normal speakers is wasted or absorbed) the speaker driver amplifies the bass via a properly designed labyrinth enclosure which exits the horn located on the back of the speaker enclosure. This clever design enhances bass more efficiently and accurately than bass-reflex and sealed enclosure types.
- Back loaded horn type enclosures make the most efficient use of such back sound waves. Back-loaded horn system enclosures work in such a manner that, as bass comes out of a horn mounted on the back of a driver, the rest of sound spectrum, e.g. mid- and high-frequency ranges, is radiated directly from the driver.
- Speakers employing back loaded horns are highly efficient by actively utilizing sound output from the bass driver and respond well to the subtlest components of music signals. Improved transient response, speed and effortless sound quality are some of the hallmarks of this type of driver arrangement.