These are our Shinjitsu Audio HON Wood speakers designed to produce the dynamics and realism of a live audio event. Merging two tried and proven technologies: The back loaded horn and a horn loaded compression driver which provide lifelike high frequency impact and low frequency accuracy.
The back loaded horn is the only type of bass enclosure that doubles the bass depth impact by reinforcing the front bass frequencies with back wave bass from the horn exit. A four-inch driver thus plays bass equal to an 8-inch driver - in an enclosure half the size.
The custom CNC machined cabinet is constructed from authentic Baltic Birch Laminate with solid 1/4-inch-thick solid Monkey Pod Wood front panel. No Veneers are used. Finished in satin neutral Danish Oil to enhance the beautiful wood grains.
The low frequency driver is a bronze aluminum extended range Swans designed drive unit with neodymium magnet and an ultralight cone in a soft bronze / copper hue coated with a proprietary damping compound to diminish ringing. With a wide operating range 45 Hz to 2000 Hz and a broad directivity pattern. Advanced low-distortion motor design. Long-stroke suspension fo 1/2 Cm with a progressive-rate spider. Crossed over with a phase coherent first order design utilizing a foil coil inductor at 2 kHz to avoid beaming of the low frequency driver.
The high frequency driver is a well-reviewed JBL titanium compression driver with a the critically acclaimed Faital Pro Cast Aluminum Horn. The low mass and extremely stiff titanium compression diaphragm is suspended in a massive magnet structure concentrating an intense magnetic field around the diaphragm. Harshness is eliminated by operating the driver at least 1.5 octaves above its Fs and further smoothed with a Mundorf Aluminum and Oil high pass capacitor. High frequency extension > 20 Khz is assured by a Solen Fast Cap tuned bypass capacitor around the attenuation resistor. Smooth frequency response in the entire audible range is assured. No honkiness here.
The laser cut solid maple back plate is terminated with solid copper heavy duty speaker terminals and a unique attenuation network. The attenuation resistors provided allow for infinite adjustment of midrange crossover point and high frequency SPL and help to compensate for room response and age-related high frequency hearing loss. Tailor the highs to your desires.
Versatility in placement allows for tilt back floor standing, stand mounted or shelf mounted placement. Designed for deep bass in any venue these speakers are tested to energize rooms up to 1000 square feet with punchy deep bass and are perfect for small apartments as well. Ideal for low level listening late at night and can reach crescendos of live music at 100dB with just 15 watts of input.
These speakers are designed to be high sensitivity and can operate with as little as 8 watts and are rated to produce up to 100 dB of sound pressure level in an average sized room. Comfortable with chamber music to all out rock and roll these speakers provide a wide gamut of musical tastes.
- Dimensions: 22 inches height / 17 inches depth / 9.5 inches wide
- Weight: 43 Lbs.
- Sensitivity: 87dB to 90 dB depending on high frequency attenuation selected
- Maximum Power 50 watts continuous with 100-watt. Amplifier rated 8 watts to > 250 watts
THE BACK LOADED HORN SPEAKER
The most elegant way to enhance bass response is the backloaded horn speaker.
- Designed to collect the back wave (which in normal speakers is wasted or absorbed) the speaker driver amplifies the bass via a professionally designed labyrinth enclosure which exits the horn located on the back of the speaker enclosure. This clever design enhances bass more efficiently and accurately than bass-reflex and sealed enclosure types.
- Back loaded horn type enclosures make the most efficient use of such back sound waves. Back-loaded horn system enclosures work in such a manner that, as bass comes out of a horn mounted on the back of a driver, the rest of sound spectrum, e.g. mid- and high-frequency ranges, is radiated directly from the driver.
- Speakers employing back loaded horns are highly efficient by actively utilizing sound output from the bass driver and respond well to the subtlest components of music signals. Improved transient response, speed and effortless sound quality are some of the hallmarks of this type of driver arrangement.
Shinjitsu Audio HON Speaker (PAIR)
14 Day Return Policy
If you desire to return the item after your 14 day is trial is expired, please insure the item is packaged securely and is in perfect like new condition. Products that have been altered or in less than pristine condition will be subject to repair fees to be set by Shinjitsu Audio. Buyer pays return shipping and insurance.